Saturday, August 5, 2017

RPGaDay 2017 Day 5


Which RPG cover best captures the spirit of the game?

This one wasn't as easy as I thought it would be. Man, these questions look so easy but when you start thinking about it, they get really hard. I had to search my digital library of over 1,300 pdf's and only came up with a potential list of 4. Those were Beasts & Barbarians Golden Edition, Codex Infernus, Realms of Cthulhu, and Tales from the Loop. I really like the feeling I get when thinking about springing a trap on a giant ape that is over 12 foot tall like the cover of Beasts & Barbarians. Codex Infernus just looks cool. Fighting hellish beasts in a fantasy setting sounds awesome and the cover reflects that. Realms of Cthulhu just sparks the imagination to make me think 'what hellish unknown being am I looking at and what have I gotten myself into'. Then there's Tales from the Loop. Simon's art work is just amazing and the cover of this book is just a mere sampling of whats inside. The main reason I purchased this book was because of the great artwork. It really is hard to pick just one but I'm going to say Realms of Cthulhu from Reality Blurs best captures the spirit of the game.



No comments:

Post a Comment