Thursday, August 10, 2017

RPGaDay 2017 Day 10


Where do you go for RPG reviews?

Usually the first place I turn to when looking for reviews on anything is Google. If I'm already browsing one of One Book Shelf's subsidiaries then I will look at the reviews on that product's page. After that, I will go to the Nerds-International Google+ community page and ask for other members experience with that RPG. I also try to see if there are Youtube video reviews. I really like the video reviews more than written ones even though the written reviews are usually more detailed.


Kurt Weigel's Game Geeks RPG is probably the one I view more than any other. If I'm still interested then I'll look for live play episodes on Youtube. I really enjoy those live plays because I get a better feel for how the game works and it gives me ideas as how to or how not to run that game.

I can't stress this enough, my friends on Google+ are the most influencing factor as to whether or not I will buy an RPG. I value their opinion over any other review I see on a product's web page.

No comments:

Post a Comment